Here is the biggest & most important story of the RNC and no one is reporting on it – instead we get weather updates and fluff pieces on the Romney’s shopping at Costco (as if) and cooking pancakes for the grandkids (right)…
Last Friday, the RNC’s Convention Rules Committee voted to change the party’s rules so future presidential candidates can have veto power over who can be selected as delegates from any state - basically taking the power away from the grassroots (people) and their ability to elect fellow conservatives as delegates.
In other words: A Tea Party Take-Over of the GOP. This change gives the Presidential nominee complete power to choose their National Delegates and use those delegates (and alternate seats) as reward for big money donors to their campaigns and the RNC. Worker bees out – big money in – all in a Tea Party push to “diminish the power and influence of conservatives over the party” that will basically allow the selection of the president by a handful of people. In other words: the people who are running for president get to choose who becomes president. Screw the will of the voters, a bunch of Washington consultants will decide who gets to be a delegate.
Should these Tea Party fanatics prevail, and should the GOP manage to steal this election (e.g. Gore in 2000), the popular vote will be a thing of the past. A Republican win under these conditions would be the death of democracy. After all, THEY know what’s best for them America…not the people.
As one of my favorite bloggers, Hart Williams warns in his vorpal sword: ”Be very careful what you wish for” (cause you just might get it)…
“Be careful when you try to take someone’s vote away. The next vote that might be taken is yours.”
- Tea Party Push For A GOP Floor Fight Over 2016 Rles (tarpon.wordpress.com)
- Minority Report Forces GOP to Back Down, Compromise Raises Difficult Questions (theunconventionalconservative.wordpress.com)
- GOP adopts 95% of Tea Party platform! (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Has the tea party ‘sold out’ to the mainstream GOP? (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- GOP Bosses Offer Olive Branch to Avert Floor Fight (thegatewaypundit.com)