The Democratic Party
WHO WE ARE – Our Party
For more than 160 years, Democrats have represented the interests of working families, fighting for equal opportunities and justice for all Americans.
Our party was founded on the conviction that wealth and privilege shouldn’t be an entitlement to rule and the belief that the values of hardworking families are the values that should guide us.
We didn’t become the most prosperous country in the world by rewarding greed and recklessness or by letting those with the most influence write their own rules. We got here by rewarding hard work and responsibility, by investing in people, and by growing our country from the bottom up.
Today Democrats are fighting to repair a decade of damage and grow an economy based on the values of Main Street, not greed and reckless speculation. Democrats are focused on rescuing our economy not just in the short run but also rebuilding our economy for the long run—an economy that lifts up not just some Americans, but all Americans.
To learn more: http://www.democrats.org
The Democratic Platform
September 4, 2012 – The Democratic Party becomes the first major U.S. political party in history to publicly support same-sex marriage on a national platform at the Democratic National Convention.
* Responsibly Ending the War in Iraq
* Disrupting, Dismantling, and Defeating Al-Qaeda
* Responsibly Ending the War in Afghanistan
* Preventing the Spread and Use of Nuclear Weapons
* Countering Emerging Threats
* Strengthening Alliances, Expanding Partnerships, and Reinvigorating International Institutions
* Promoting Global Prosperity and Development
* Maintaining the Strongest Military in the World
* Advancing Universal Values
Democratic National Committee (DNC): http://www.democrats.org/
Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC): http://dlcc.org
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee (DSCC): https://www.dscc.org/
Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC): http://www.dccc.org
Democrats Abroad: http://www.democratsabroad.org/
VOTE FOR DEMOCRATS
Reblogged: Pro President Obama